Here are some factors that can have an affect on the time it takes for you to find a job.
- Do you know what you want to do? Taking the time to evaluate your purpose, values, accomplishments and skills will expedite the job search process.
- How big is your network? A large network can give you access to more unpublished openings and get you hired faster.
- Update your skills. If you have not kept your skills up to date, you may need to go back to school for a period of time.
- What is your mind-set? Potential employers will pick up on your attitude. Seek that positive attitude!
- Do you have the financial strength to withstand a longer search? If you received a substantial severance package, you will not be inclined to accept the first job offer out of the desperation felt by many job seekers.
Plan your job search and consider all avenues of support. It is an opportunity for reflection, positive change, and perspective. Preparation is key.