Monday, May 4, 2009

How do Interviewers Prepare for the Interview

When I conduct job interviews, I always ask questions not only about an applicant’s job knowledge and skills, but also past work experiences. It is valuable to gather information in order to reveal how the applicant behaved in certain work situations. The applicant’s past behavior often predicts how they will respond in similar future situations.

This information is important because how an employee behaves in completing responsibilities is as critical as the responsibilities of the actual job. Identifying and assessing required key behaviors should contribute to the overall success of an employee in their position.

Prior to asking behavioral interview questions, I always begin with general introductory questions. I will share these general introductory questions in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment